The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our advertising partners and other partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your device. Cookies do not damage your device. Most browsers or devices may allow you to block cookies, but you may not be able to use some features of the Services if you block them. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- First party cookies are cookies set by the website you’re visiting. Only that website can read them. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
Furthermore, when you use the Services, we or our third-party providers, automatically collect and record App Usage Patterns, i.e. information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services, including among others:
- Other traffic data. For example, our systems may automatically record and store browser information, exit point, usage time and number of clicks.
- Strictly necessary cookies. Some of the cookies are strictly necessary for the website to function and to enable you to make use of the Services we provide, such as home address to deliver the good; security, network management, and accessibility
- Analytics and performance-related cookies. The use of such cookies enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of the Services and any hyperlinks and help us measure traffic patterns to determine which areas of our website have been visited. We use this to research user habits so that we can improve our online services. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to such cookies to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information).
List of analytics and performance cookies
|Purpose||Type of data collected||Cookie name||How long is the cookie stored?|
|This cookie is used by Google Analytics to understand user interaction with the website.||Analytics||_gcl_au||2 months|
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||Analytics||_ga||2 years|
|This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.||Analytics||_gid||1 day|
|This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.||Performance||_gat_UA-xxxxxxx-xx||1 minute|
|This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.||Advertisement||_fbp||2 months|
|The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisements to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.||Advertisement||fr||2 months|
|If set, will not run Lucky Orange. Set via our opt out links.||Analytics||_global_lucky_opt_out||10 years|
|Set if a user should no longer receive a particular poll.||Analytics||_lo_np_<Poll ID>||30 days|
|Indicated this visitor has been banned from tracking.||Analytics||_lo_bn||30 days|
|ID of the visitor’s current chat, if any.||Analytics||_lo_cid||Session|
|Unique identifier for the visitor.||Analytics||_lo_uid||2 years|
|ID of the visitor’s current recording.||Analytics||_lo_rid||30 minutes (extending)|
|Total number of visitor’s visits.||Analytics||_lo_v||1 Year (extending)|
|URL of the visitor’s original landing page, if any.||Analytics||__lotl||180 days|
|URL of the visitor’s original referrer, if any.||Analytics||__lotr||180 days|
|Used on websites of our publisher Customers that utilize the Taboola Newsroom services. It maintains a session reference about the user’s visit to this particular website.||Advertisement||_tb_sess_r||30 minutes|
|Used on websites of our publisher Customers that utilize the Taboola Newsroom services. This cookie is used to identify the referring website (i.e. the website that the user visited prior to arriving at this publisher’s website).||Advertisement||_tb_t_ppg||30 minutes|
|Poptin once a day||Advertisement||poptin_o_a_d_26e98d74588a8||1 day|
|Poptin once a visit||Advertisement||poptin_o_a_v_9296a6dd8d5a5||30 minutes|
|For counting monthly visitors||Advertisement||poptin_o_v_9296a6dd8d5a5||30 minutes|
|After Click X button||Advertisement||poptin_old_user||1 day|
|Identifying old user||Advertisement||poptin_new_user||2 days|
|Identifying new user||Advertisement||poptin_referrer||a few minutes|
|Original referrer||Advertisement||poptin_user_country_code||365 days|
|Save user country code||Advertisement||poptin_user_id||365 days|
|Unique visitor id||Advertisement||poptin_user_ip||365 days|
|Save user ip address||Advertisement||poptin_conversion_70909792ed454||365 days|
|After Poptin conversion||Advertisement||poptin_session||30 minutes|
|Poptin session for Poptin display settings||Advertisement||laravel_session||2 hours|
|security purpose||Advertisement||XSRF-TOKEN||2 hours|
- Third-party cookies. These are cookies placed on our website by third parties on our behalf. The cookies enable us to generate personalized advertisements on other websites, which are based on information about you such as your page views on our website. Our websites may also place cookies for third-party services such as social media. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of this website and compile reports for us on activity on the website.
|Creates a temporary per session User ID||Advertisement||taboola_session_id||session|
|Assigns a unique User ID that Taboola uses for attribution and reporting purposes||Advertisement||t_gid||1 year|
|Maintains a record of the user’s instruction that Taboola not use her personal data for our Services.||Advertisement||DNT||5 years|
|Maintains a record of whether the user performed an action in the “Taboola Select” feature.||Advertisement||taboola_select||1 year|
|Indicates that the user clicked on an item that was recommended by Taboola’s Services. This is used for reporting and analytics purposes.||Advertisement||taboola_fp_td_user_id||1 year|
|Assigns a unique User ID that allows Taboola to recommend specific advertisements and content to this user.||Advertisement||t_gid||1 year|
|Creates a unique User ID for private domain publishers.||Advertisement||t_pid||1 year|
|Assigns a unique User ID that is used for attribution and reporting purposes.||Advertisement||trc_cookie_storage||1 year|
- Targeting cookies. These cookies are set through our advertising partners and are used to help present you with relevant advertising. No personal information is collected they instead rely on the cookies to identify your internet device and browser details. By disabling these cookies, you will not receive less advertising, just that the advertising you receive will be less targeted to your preferences.
For illustration by way of an example, our engagement with Facebook allows us to place advertising content onto Facebook that is relevant to you based on your browsing patterns on our website. This information is never connected to your profile and it is always anonymous.
How to restrict or block cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. However, if you do not accept cookies, some of the features on the website may not function as a result.